Saturday, March 1, 2008

No mas!

As stated in my own matrix principles, no new sites will be added to the Bracket Matrix. This is for a variety of reasons. It helps me plan my schedule for the important last two weeks until Selection Sunday as well as make changes to the layout if necessary. It allows readers time to properly audit sites to find out which ones actually mean something and which ones are complete losers. And finally, aren't there enough sites already?

The growth in bracket sites surprised even me. When I started this 4 years ago, I didn't think I'd outnumber the Massey Ratings comparison table. Massey currently has 41 active computer rankings. When I started on that Geocities site in 2005 that was overwhelmed every day, there were only 14 sites tracked on the old "comparing the projected seeds". Then, there were 23 in 2006 and 30 in 2007. Now look, 50 sites active, 55 total.

Now, exceptions will be made to those sites that were featured in the year-end matrices for 2006 and 2007. They can still be added this year. Otherwise, lemme know about your site and I'll be sure to add it to next year's matrix, if I'm still standing.

Until then, onward to Selection Sunday!

Update: Court Visions added as an exception, bringing the number of brackets to 56. This bracket was supposed to be included last year.

No comments: