Welcome to yet another season of The Bracket Project. My first bracket projection won't be released until January 2017.
If you want to contribute to the matrix, please read this:
1. You need to set up a place to post your bracket that will be consistent throughout the season. A blog will do. A web site will most definitely do. A bracket posted on a message board will generally not do. The link will change frequently and will get lost in various discussions, making it difficult for the average reader to find it. (Exception: A message board or Twitter feed devoted exclusively to bracketology or at least, a sticky post.) Also, you can't post it on Facebook or some other social networking site because not everyone can access it. In order to promote discussion, an email address or some comment platform should be provided so that readers can praise or criticize your bracket.
2. You have to tell me where your site is. I don't have a sixth sense when it comes to finding these things. I rely on you and readers like you to tell me what kind of sites to add to this page.
3. A seed list is good enough for the matrix but if you build a bracket, remember that the NCAA sets up procedures and principles for building a bracket. Read them! A seriously flawed bracket won't be posted. However, if your seedings are out of the norm, I'll still most likely post it provided that the principles are followed and you have an explanation as to why you've built the bracket like you did. I reserve the right to not post a bracket with something like a winless team as a #1 seed.
4. Please date-stamp your bracket. Brackets of a certain age will be removed from the list, and if there's no date-stamp, obviously I can't tell when your bracket was updated.
5. To make it easier on me, please format your bracket so that at least half of it can be seen on the screen at any one time. Brackets must have at least 48 seeded teams to be listed in the matrix. Sites that merely list teams with no seeding can be linked to the page but will not be added to the matrix. To be listed in the final matrix of the season, you must have all 68 seeded teams.
6. No new sites will be added to the 2017 page after March 1, 2017 unless you appear in the rankings page (linked to the side), in which case, you will be grandfathered in. In addition, no bracket will be accepted to the final matrix of the season after the beginning of the Selection Sunday show.
7. Link to my site! I've linked to yours!
8. I'm only one guy. If this could pay me what I get at my regular job, I'd update this site 24/7. That simply is not the case. If someone else can do this better, I'll gladly step aside, but from the looks of it, I'm still the only (crazy) one. So if you don't see your site on here, an update hasn't been done for a while or I don't respond to you, I hope you'll understand why.